The easiest way to change App Icon and Splash screen in Ionic is to let Ionic handle creation of different versions of icon and splash sizes.
When an app first created, there are 2 files in resources folder,
Replace these 2 files with your desired icon and splash files.
- File name must be the same
- Size of
icon.pngmust be minimum 1024×1024 and
splash.pngmust be minimum 2732×2732
splash.png files have been replaced. Follow this steps:
- You must have FREE Ionic account. This is because the icon and splash generation/transformation is using Ionic server.
- On your project folder, run following command:
- Then enter your email and password.
- On project folder, run (replace ios with android if you building Android app):
ionic cordova resources ios
- Ionic will transform your icon and splash files into different versions that your target platform requires.
- In the process, config.xml, will also be updated.