- Install “OpenSSH” on your iPad This can be found on Cydia if the iPad is jail-broken.
- Enable the SSH connection on the iPad I install “SBSettings” from Cydia to turn SSH on / off. There are many other apps that can do this.
- Find out your iPad’s IP address If you have “SBSettings” installed, you can see your IP address on this app as well.
- From your mac, run Terminal
- SSH to your iPad by typing the following command SSH firstname.lastname@example.org
- When prompted for Password, type in “alpine” (without double quote – all lowercase)
- Whoola, you are in iPad’s file system now.
- If you can’t access your iPad with SSH, try reboot the iPad.