A year from now, Diablo 3 will still be played by, probably…, millions of gamers. If you are one of them, most likely you will have the following:
- Completed all level of difficulty (normal, nightmare, hell and inferno).
- Have the collection of all the characters (barbarian, demon hunter, witch doctor, monk, wizard).
- All characters have reached max level (60).
- Have tons of rare legendary items ready to be sold / traded.
- Completed cow level in all difficulty.
- Memorize most of the dungeon maps.
- (fill in the blank).
Does what you have there matters a year from now? Well, don’t get me wrong, I like playing Diablo 3 and it’s a fun game. So fun that I will most likely be playing Diablo 3 after this post.
But, I think if one spends too much time, beyond what’s ‘normal’, it’s just become useless and pointless. Too much or too little of something always have side effect. Balance is the key.
Unless you are making a good living out of auction house with real money, please ask yourself does it matter a year from now?